There are more than 200 event listings
for what is forecast to be a warm weekend in Eastern Iowa to be out having fun. Below are recommendations from us on the best things to do.
The two big events in downtown Cedar Rapids are KHAK's Birthday Bash
featuring Alan Jackson on Saturday and Rockin' the Rapids
with headliner Weezer on Sunday.
St. Ludmila Kolach Festival 2012
- It’s all happening on the grounds of St. Ludmila’s church located at 211 21st Ave SW in Cedar Rapids. Volunteers spend days preparing thousands of kolaches that will be served throughout the festival. Pick-up for the kolaches begins at 7 a.m. and goes until 10 a.m. on Friday. There a several different flavors including cherry, poppy seed, apricot, strawberry, and prune. The events including carnival rides, beer and wine tasting, and music going on until Sunday.
Uptown Friday Nights - Well Lit
- Every Friday night from Memorial Day through the end of July, the Cedar Rapids Jaycees host Uptown Friday Nights. The event runs from 5 PM-8 PM at Greene Square Park.
North Liberty Fun Days
- Lonesome Road - Lonesome Road is Eastern Iowa's hottest new high-energy country act and is sure to make your next event a success! Lonesome Road is fronted by Danny Whitson on lead vocals/guitar.
Cedar Rapids Run the Flood
- 5K & 7 Mile Walk/Run 100% of proceeds go to flood recovery organizations
Great Iowa River Canoe and Kayak Race
- The race is open to paddlers of all ranges of ability, begins at Sturgis Access in Iowa City, and continues approximately 9 miles to Hills Access. The Iowa Valley Resource, Conservation and Development Council will host its third annual Great Iowa River Canoe and Kayak Race on Saturday,
Check in for the event will be from 8 – 9:30 am in the Fin and Feather Parking Lot (125 Hwy 1 West Iowa City, IA 52246).
Old Capitol Roller Girls All-Stars v. Des Moines Derby Dames
- The Old Capitol City Roller Girls All-Star team will take on the Des Moines Derby Dames on June 9th at the Coralville Marriott. Doors open at 6:15pm and the bout starts at 7pm. Tickets can be purchased in advance for $10 at either New Pioneer locations, Crossroads Tattoo, or online through Brown Paper Tickets.
Zins Dinner with The Ceramics Center
- An evening of Art - Ceramics and Culinary! Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, art for sale, live auction, raffle, and tons of fun. Tickets are $30, $15 is a tax-deductible donation to The Ceramics Center.
- Hot new neo-soul, R&B and jazz featuring the vocals of Azza Marium Malik!