There are close to 90 fun things to do this weekend
in Iowa City, Cedar Rapids and Eastern Iowa. What will you be doing - besides shopping and watching football - this weekend?
Here are a few fun things to do that we've written a bit more on recently:
"Meet Me In St. Louis"
- "Meet me in St. Louis" is a rare treasure in musical theatre, and is based on the heartwarming movie. Join the Smith family at the 1904 World's Fair, and see how their love and respect for each other is tempered with the genuine humor that can only be generated by such a special family. Memorable music numbers include The Boy Next Door, A Raving Beauty, The Trolley Song, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Whenever I’m with You and A Day in New York.
New Duncan Imperials
- It’s hard to believe it now, but before 1989 no band had ever combined the explosive elements of white trash culture, Dada art, and Chuck Berry. Somewhere between velour shirts, Ted Nugent, and a warm Old
Style tall-boy, NDI found their niche.
Disney on Ice: 100 Years of Magic
- Join the celebration as more than 60 of Disney’s unforgettable characters from 18 beloved stories come to life in Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic! You’ll be captivated by the one and only Mickey Mouse, the irresistible Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck, Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio and many Disney Princesses.
Festival of Trees
- A Benefit for the Coralville Center for the Performing Arts presented by City Circle Acting Company of Coralville and the Coralville Marriott Hotel and Convention Center.
- Jack Willhite has one of the most exciting comedy acts on tour today! Jack's performance is hilarious, fast-paced and unpredictable. Willhite offers up a tour-de-force of costume changes, props and musical parodies in a one-of-a-kind show you don't want to miss!
Brucemore's Daytime Holiday Mansion Tours
- Celebrate holidays past by participating in Brucemore’s annual tradition, Holiday Mansion Tours, November 23 through December 30. Visitors will enjoy the seasonal splendor of 13 glowing trees, a dining room set for Christmas dinner, stunning mantel arrangements, the lush garland adornment of the grand staircase, and other seasonal cheer throughout the Mansion. The holidays at Brucemore are sponsored by Pearson.