There are 204 event listings
for this weekend and the weather should be good to be out and having a lot of fun with friends. Below we showcase some of our best bets for the weekend. What will you be doing for fun?
One of the more popular events for the weekend is the Iowa Arts Festival
, not to mention the live music shows
and available drink specials
The Iowa Arts Festival
- Kicks off tonight and runs through the weekend. Some of the live performances you can catch tonight include The Pines, Pieta Brown and Bo Ramsey and Greg Brown. There are activities
for all ages.
Uptown Friday Nights - Crazy Delicious
- Crazy Delicious is Iowa’s favorite variety rock & country dance band that was established in June of 2007 out of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This versatile 6 piece band features female lead vocalist Jenni Lisenbee and is backed by Steve Gritman on Guitar, Fiddle, Ukulele and Vocals, Larry Kovarik on Guitars and Vocals, Steve DeForest on Bass and Vocals, Peter Cacioppo on Keyboards, Harmonica and Vocals and James Boeding on Drums.
Downtown Farmers Market
- A record 224 Iowa vendors will make this one of the largest farmers’ markets in the Midwest. With more than 150 vendors on the wait list, organizers worked to expand the market area to accommodate additional sellers. Vendors will offer produce, meats, baked goods, flowers and artisan gifts.
Cedar Rapids Pride Festival
- Beer tent, music and entertainment will highlight this event with several performances.
Iowa City Area Parade of Homes & Remodelers Parade
- The Iowa City Area Parade of Homes is a must-see event. As the area's premier new home showcase, it spotlights some of the finest homes in Johnson County and surrounding areas. This is your chance to see the latest in architectural and design trends, while also checking out the quality craftsmanship of our area's top builders.
BrewBQ and the Blues
- Join us for a relaxing evening listening to the blues and enjoying a sizzling BBQ in our outdoor beirgarten at the Millstream Brewery in Amana.
"We're All In This Together" Drawing Marathon
- Acclaimed Indiana public artist Tom Torluemke will be drawing Eastern Iowans during a three-day portrait-drawing marathon that will culminate in an 8’x24’ mural-sized painting called “You Know…We’re All in This Together.” Local people signed up to be part of the project include Cedar Rapids Mayor Ron Corbett (Sun late afternoon), Linn Country Supervisor Lu Barron (Sat. 9:30am), star realtor Kelly Bemus (Mon. 9 am), artists, a mailman, retired folks, high school students, an engaged couple and many more.