There are more than 260 fun things
to do this weekend in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Eastern Iowa. Below we highlight some of our best bets. What will you be doing for fun in the next couple of days?
For a rundown of Freedom Festival events, go here
25th Annual BBQ Roundup
- 25th Annual BBQ Roundup will provide BBQ from food vendors around the United States with entertainment for all ages. The WOW Balls (walk-on-water) will be back again for the the second year. There will be a lunch trolley on Thursday and Friday to provide the downtown patrons a quicker way to get to the event. We will have live bands throughout the day and into the evening.
Uptown Friday Nights - Large Midgets
- Every Friday night from Memorial Day through the end of July, the Cedar Rapids Jaycees host Uptown Friday Nights. The event runs from 5 PM-8 PM at Greene Square Park.
Brucemore's Tahitian Party
- Revel poolside amid flickering tiki torches and listen to the beat of steel drums with a cool beverage in hand during the fourth annual Tahitian Party. Throw on a hula skirt and or Hawaiian shirt and relish the atmosphere of Tahiti in Cedar Rapids thanks to Howard Hall’s famous Tahitian Room located in the basement of the Brucemore mansion.
Marc “Skippy” Price and Rain Pryor
- Marc Price is now finding success as an Executive Producer with recent EP and Creator credits including 65 episodes of “National Lampoon’s Funny Money” for Gameshow Network and “Comedians Unleashed” Hosted by Rich Jeni for Animal Planet.
Bud's & Bags Tournament
- Enjoy some drinks and a bags tournament at Capones.
Hog Wild Days 5K Squel 'N Run/walk
- Cash awarded to overall 1st place Male & Female Runner. Trophies awarded to 1st Place Runners in each Age group. Medals to 2nd & 3rd Place Runners in each Age group.
J&P Cycles Open House Rally
- See Geoff Aaron’s Red Bull Extreme Stunt Show, 1 Wheel Revolution, and participate in the ride-in bike shows. American Iron, Motorcycle Bagger and RoadBike magazines are sponsoring Saturday’s show for all makes and models.
Celebration of Freedom Parade
- The Cedar Rapids Freedom Festival "Celebration of Freedom Parade" will be held at 10am on June 23 in Downtown Cedar Rapids - traditional parade route. The theme this year is "American Pride - Stay True to RED, WHITE & BLUE."
Irish District Music & Arts Festival
- Join us in Cedar Rapids’ historic Irish District on June 23, 2012 from 1 to 9 pm for a day of live music, dance performances, art, food, games, and fun for the whole family. Bring your lawn chair, bring your cooler (no glass please), bring the kids – our low ticket price ($5 per person – and kids 12 and under accompanied by an adult get in free) means you can spend an hour or spend the day – whatever suits your schedule.
- The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium will kick off its first Boat Fest event with a ton of summer fun activities in its soon-to-be-completed Mississippi Plaza in the Port of Dubuque.
Kernels Baseball Game
- Come out and see your favorite baseball team and enjoy lots of fun games, food and activities.