There are more than 120 things to do Thanksgiving week
in Iowa City, Cedar Rapids and Eastern Iowa. Below we highlight some that you can do without spending a lot of money.
‘Elf on the Shelf’ Storytime
' - 11 a.m. Saturday, Barnes and Noble, 333 Collins Rd. NE, Cedar Rapids
Come Home for Christmas
- 7 p.m. Saturday, Coggon Opera House, 209 E. Main St., Coggon, free will donation.
Christmas at the Downs Arts & Crafts Sale
- $3, 9 a.m. Friday and 10 a.m. Saturday, Hawkeye Downs, 4400 Sixth St. SW , Cedar Rapids
Brucemore Holiday Mansion Tours
- $3 to $7, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, Brucemore, 2160 Linden Dr. SE, C.R.
Tim Daugherty and Friends Jazz Concert
- 7:30 p.m. Sunday, St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, 1340 Third Ave. SE, CEdar Rapids.
Coe College Low Brass Ensemble
- 7:30 p.m. Monday, Daehler-Kitchin Auditorium, Coe College, 1220 First Ave. NE, Cedar Rapids.
Music in the MUD
- $10, 7 p.m. Friday, Bryce Janey Blue Polemic and 7 p.m. Saturday, Al Naylor Group, Campbell Steele Gallery, 1064 Seventh Ave., Marion
Decorating Winter Containers
- 6 p.m. Monday, Cedar Rapids Public Library, 2600 Edgewood Rd. SW, C.R.
A Winnie the Pooh Christmas Tail
- $8, 11 a.m. Saturday, Old Creamery Theatre Company, 38 39th Trail, Amana.
A Cowboy Christmas
- $3 to $6, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily through Jan. 2, Herbert Hoover Museum, West Branch.