There are more than 220 things to do
in the next several days. Below we highlight 10 that you can do for under $10.
Salvatore Giunta reading
- 7 p.m. today, Barnes & Noble, 333 First Ave. NE, Cedar Rapids.
Fire & Ice Festival
- 1 p.m. Saturday, various locations, downtown Cedar Rapids
Prelude to Christmas
- Various times and locations throughout Amana Colonies. Tannenbaum Forest open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Old Prague Market
- 4 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. Saturday, various locations, Czech Village.
Very Cherry Holiday
- Noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, Cherry Building, New Bohemia.
- 5 p.m. today, First Street Community Center, 221 First St. NE., Mount Vernon.
Christmas Past Weekend
- 6 p.m. Friday, Village Green, West Branch. Other times locations throughout weekend. Free admission to the Herbert Hoover National Historic Site, including this year’s holiday exhibit: A Cowboy Christmas.
Snowflake Stroll/Celebrate the Season
- Snowflake Stroll: 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, downtown Iowa City. Celebrate the Season: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, downtown Iowa City.
Brucemore Holiday Mansion Tours
- $3 to $7, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, Brucemore, 2160 Linden Dr. SE, Cedar Rapids
- 9 a.m. Saturday, Indian Creek Nature Center, 6665 Otis Rd. SE, Cedar Rapids.