Rod and Custom Car Show
- 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- All Ages
Actor Lou Ferrigno (“The Incredible Hulk”), classic and unique vehicles headline the O’Reilly Auto Parts 50th Anniversary Rod & Custom Car Show Feb. 23-24 in Monticello, Iowa
One of the Midwest’s longest running winter car shows returns to Monticello, Iowa, for the 50th consecutive year to brighten up a cold February weekend. KCRG TV9 Presents the O’Reilly Auto Parts Rod & Custom Car Show on Feb. 23-24. It’s affordable family fun featuring a new selection of street rods, custom cars, street machines, hot pickups, race cars and custom motorcycles.
The vehicles all will be competing for trophies from Magic Dry US and cash awards from Citizens State Bank.
Featured celebrity this year is actor and champion bodybuilder Lou Ferrigno. Ferrigno was only 21 when he won his first Mr. Universe title, a Guinness Book world record that stands to this day. After retiring from body building Lou created the TV role of “The Incredible Hulk.” He has appeared in numerous movies and TV shows. Most recently, he and his family started Ferrigno FIT – a community focused on positive habits, lifestyles, and ideas.
Lou Ferrigno will be available for autographs and photos Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday.
The show is just as much about the spectators as the cars. Attendees can vote for People’s Choice Awards in Cars & Pickups, Motorcycles and Model Cars. Attendees can also win gift cards from O’Reilly Auto Parts, Magic Dry US and Citizens State Bank.
There’s lots to do at this year’s show:
- “Richard Petty” impersonator Ron Hill will bring a little bit of NASCAR to the show mingling as “The King” with attendees Saturday from 11noon to 4 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 3-D Sound Company DJ Dave Palmer will provide music and commentary and serve as awards MC at 6:30 p.m. Sunday;
- Caricature artist David Fliss, of Flissart Entertainment, will provide free portraits for attendees;
- Balloon artist Wes Little, “Wes the Best” will entertain young and old with his unique inflatable creations;
- ABC Supply Company will display the A.J. Foyt IndyCar;
- A new selection of scale model cars will compete for trophies and model kits in the 34th Annual Model Car Contest;
- You want good eats? The Monticello Eagles Club Ladies Auxiliary #4466 again will be serving their popular turkey dressing sandwiches along with other food and drink with profits going to community projects;
- Racers for Christ and Rodders for Christ will host a non-denominational chapel service at 8:30 a.m. Sunday with Team RFC Chaplain Dave Lupella as speaker;
Show hours are 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Awards presentation is set for 6:30 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for children 12 and under. Children 12 and under are admitted free with a paid adult. Bring a can of food to benefit Four Oaks family programs and receive $1 off admission. Parking is free.
Monticello is centrally located halfway between Cedar Rapids and Dubuque on U.S. Highway 151.
For more information visit www.rodandcustomcarshow.com or phone (319) 465-5119. Show weekend phone is (319) 465-6640.