Prima's Picks Summer Reading Program for Kids
- 12 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- $0 – $10
- All Ages
- Kid Friendly
Join us for Prima’s Picks Summer Reading Program
a summer reading program for preschool-age through teens
May 18 through August 24, 2019
Between June 8 and August 21 we invite all children and teens to keep track of their reading time and/or books read to be eligible for prizes. Prizes will be given away at our End of Summer Picnic Lunch.
Reading logs will be available at M and M Bookstore starting on May 15, 2019.
For all reading levels
- Prima’s Picks Summer Reading Program Kickoff Party
- Saturday, June 8, 2019, 1 pm to 3 pm. Prima, the alpaca, will be at the store for picture opportunities.
- Meet the Author! Discover how books are made.
- Saturday, May 18, 2019, 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm: Daphne Self
- Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11 am to Noon: Shannon Schlotfelt
- Wednesday, July 10, 2019, 11 am to Noon: Mary Griffith Chalupsky
- Wednesday, August 14, 11 am to Noon: K.M. Ryant Hutzel
- Prima’s Picks End of Summer Picnic
- Saturday, August 24 from Noon to 2 pm
- Prizes will be given away. Prima, the alpaca, will be at the store for picture opportunities.
Preschool Story Time, stories & activities for ages 3 to 6
- Tuesdays, 11 am to 11:45 am
- June 11, 18, 25
- July 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- August 6, 13, 20
Story Time for School Age, stories for ages 6 to 12
- Wednesdays, 11 am to Noon
- June 19, 26
- July 3, 17, 24, 31
- August 7
Book Club for Middle Grades, grade 5 to 7
- Wednesdays, 1 pm to 2 pm
- Registration required. Call 319-396-8420 to register.
- June 19: The Unicorn Rescue Society, $10, copy of the book included
- June 26: Hunger Games Activities, $5
- July 17: Changelings, $10, copy of the book included
- July 24: The Last Kids on Earth, $10, copy of the book included
- July 31: Harry Potter Activities, $5
- August 7: Book Scavenger, $10, copy of the book included
Book Clubs for Teens, ages 13 to 18
- What’cha Reading — Read whatever you want, and join us to chat about what you read and tell us if we should check it out the next time we are looking for a book to read.
- Thursday, June 20, 5 pm to 6 pm
- Thursday, July 18, 5 pm to 6 pm
- Thursday, August 15, 5 pm to 6 pm
- Our Pick Book Club— Teens are welcome to join our regular “Our Pick” Book Club this summer. We have chosen two books that are appropriate for teens and adults.
* A parent or guardian must accompany children under the age of 13 participating in our events and remain in the store for the duration.