Concussion and Safe Return to Play: What Parents and Athletes Need to Know
- 5:30 - 8 p.m.
- All Ages
Join UI Health Care Sports Medicine experts for a conversation about what parents and student athletes need to know about concussion and safe return to play. Experts will share information regarding diagnosing and treating concussion and getting athletes back into the game safely.
5:30-6:30pm Check-in and light refreshments
6:30-8:00pm Educational programming
- Andrew Peterson, Sports Medicine Specialist
- Lisa Jacobson, Occupational Therapist
- Amy Yotty, Physical Therapist
- Michael Shaffer, Physical Therapist
- Johnnie James, Clinical/Technical Specialist
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact the UI Health Care Office of Outreach and Engagement in advance at 319-335-8886.