Self-Guided Mansion Tours at Brucemore
- 1 p.m. to 3p.m. -
- All Ages
Welcome to Brucemore! Enjoy a self-guided tour of the Queen Anne style mansion. Dive into more than a century of history and learn about the lives of three influential families in Cedar Rapids. Many guests spend between 30-45 minutes for their visit. Tours include a tour book and knowledgeable staff and docents in the house to answer questions. After your tour, we hope you will visit the grounds, at no additional cost. Masks are required during indoor programming, including tours of the mansion.
- $10 per adult
- $5 per student
- Brucemore members receive a discount – please “sign-in” or call (319) 362-7375.
Dates and Times:
- Thursday – Sunday with entry times at 1:00, 1:30, 2:00, 2:30, 3:00 PM.
- Each tour time has limited capacity, as reflected in our COVID policy.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION
- Safety: Masks are required for indoor programming regardless of vaccination status based on CDC guidance. Read our full COVID policy here.
- Arrival: Arrive via our main entrance, 2160 Linden Drive SE, and follow signs toward the mansion. There is on-site parking a short walk away.
- Check-in: Please arrive at the mansion at your entry time. Early admittance may not be possible; late arrivals may be subject to a shortened visit or may be asked to wait until a later available entry time.
- Bags: Guests may be asked to leave coats and large bags with staff at check-in.
- Accessibility: The historic mansion is not wheelchair accessible at this time.
- Photography: Photography is allowed for personal, non-professional use. Tripods, selfie-sticks or other photography equipment will not be permitted. Photographs should not distract from others enjoyment. Masks must be kept on when taking a photo.
- Preservation in Action: Brucemore is in the midst of a multi-year preservation project designed to address preservation concerns on the exterior of the mansion. For more information on this work or to learn how you can be involved, click here. Brucemore is also continuing efforts to recover from the August 10, 2020 derecho which brought hurricane-strength winds through the estate. To learn more about that process, click here.