Linn County Master Gardener Garden Walk
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. -
- All Ages
Start at any of our four locations, which include a certified organic vegetable, fruit and nut farm; an urban Derecho restoration home garden; a home foodscaping and flower garden; and a vibrant pollinator habitat and learning center. Of the four sites offered, two are private residential gardens, and two are non-profit agricultural and research sites. All are usually not open to the public.
- OUR LOCATIONS: Indian Creek Nature Center's Etzel Sugar Grove Farm (3706 St. Peters Rd, Marion), Monarch Research Station (4970 Lakeside Rd, Marion), the Tormey Residence (4640 Dunn Avenue, Marion), and the Street Residence (370 W 33rd Avenue, Marion).
- Our event is held rain or shine and we don't have a rain date scheduled. If our event is cancelled your fee is non-refundable and will be considered a donation to support the Master Gardener educational and outreach programs. Kids 17 and under are free!
- Check in at your first stop and get a wristband that you'll show at the other three locations.
- Our mini workshops and classes will include:
- Walking tours at Monarch Research Station at 10am and Noon on Native Pollinator Gardens with Master Gardener Doug Smith and at 11am and 1pm on Native Trees and Shrubs in Iowa with Master Gardener Mike Anderson.
- At Etzel Sugar Grove Farm we'll have Chickens 101 at 10am, 12pm, and 2pm and Beekeeping 101 at 9:30am, 11:30am, and 1:30pm. Classes will be taught by Rodale Institute's Midwest Organic Center on Biodiversity 101 at 11am, 12:30pm, and 2:30pm. You can also learn about the History of Etzel Sugar Grove Farm and the Journey to Organic Certification at 10:30am and 1:00pm.
- At the Tormey Residence we'll have a Planting Activity at 10am and 1pm and information available about Monarch Waystations and Pollinators Learning Activities all day long.
- At the Street Residence we'll have a Continuous Slideshow of the garden's revival over 5 years and Garden Bingo!